Hey! So this post is about my experiences of diets that I tried last year and ended up sheding a lot of weight in a very short period of time.
But before directly getting into the experience part, I wish to just mention a few things that I did and that too could have been the reasons of the change I felt.
Okay so in July last year, I tried to eat only vegetarian food and cut on the gluten. Along with that, I tried doing keto for a month and I would say I was looking for something fast and keto definitely showed results but not the much I was looking for. So I tried water fasting for 3 days. If you wish to know about Water Fasting and My Experience with it, let me know!
After that I came across this eating pattern that was getting in trend, and is known as INTERMITTENT FASTING.
So, this post is about intermittent fasting and how it helped me lose weight and achieve my goals.
It is basically an eating pattern in which you are supposed to eat for a specific period and not eat anything after that eating window.
There are different methods you can do this, like starting from 12:12 to 16:8 then 18:6 and lastly 20:4 which is also known as OMAD or One Meal A Day. After that there are fasting days in which you fast for one whole day and eat on other days. To be honest I never tried fasting for whole day.
I have tried 16:8 and OMAD and I would say I loved the experience.
If you too wish to know what all I did and how to make intermittent fasting a real thing, keep on reading..
- So first things first, in order to lose weight and to make intermittent fasting happen, you HAVE TO increase you water intake. I Used to drink 9-12 glasses of water daily and even today, I drink a minimum of 4 bottles which are equivalent to 10-12 glasses.
- Avoid eating junk and unhealthy food. I won’t say completely cut off on everything, instead consider portion controlling and cheating once a week.
- At first, you’ll crave for food and fasting will make it more difficult but Don’t Quit.
- Try eating fats and proteins as that will make you feel fuller for longer. You can eat eggs, chicken, paneer, cauliflower, paranthas, oats, salads etc.
- Try working out when you are fasting. Can’t do intense work out?? No problem, try walking. Walking can make a tremendous difference as well.
- Sleep for atleast 6-8 hours. Once you’ll start fasting, you will feel low and less energetic at first so you’ll require better sleep in order to get back on track and to charge yourself up. So be prepared to sleep more and wake up less active the following day for sometime.
- One thing that I did wrong and would suggest you guys is that DON’T PUSH YOURSELF INTO A SITUATION THAT YOU CAN’T HANDLE. If you can’t starve for long, start by fasting for 12 hours. Its easy all you have to do is fast from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. or maybe reduce the time if you wish to.
- Avoid eating after 8p.m. this will make fasting easier since it will give you more time at night to digest whatever you ate and you can eat as much as you want to eat in the eating window without stressing about the calorie intake.
- If possible, and if feel hungry at night, try having a cup of green tea. It helps. Trust me.
And that is it. Intermittent fasting does not stop you from eating anything. Its just an eating pattern and it definitelt helped me.
But once you start doing it, I would suggest don’t stop yourself. This is something that will give you results only if you perfrom this continuously and after sometime it will itself stop working as your body tends to get used to the pattern, it simply stops showing any results.
Its better to do intermittent fasting for 2-3 months and try eating healthier so that you can continue with the clean eating and water intake for ever.
If you wish to know anything else, do write down or you can even connect with me through social medias.
If you try doing this, do lemme know I would love to guide you through this journey of yours.
Thankyou for Reading